Thursday, October 25, 2012

It's All About Story

I've been hard at work getting ready for four talks that I am giving this weekend at an artist residency at Bet Shalom, a temple in Minnetonka that is exhibiting three bodies of my artwork.  The show is titled "It's All About Story" because I've realized that is the central theme in what I do.  We spend so much of our lives figuring out our own story and then how it connects to other people's stories.  Much of my recent work has been focused on stories related to Jewish heritage and how they connect.  It is a journey through both geography and time, beginning in pre-war Poland, then moving to war-time Lithuania and how that history is dealt with today and then finally settling in Minnesota where I gathered stories from elders that often interwove with those earlier stories.

Recently I wrote an article about the show that was just published in TC Jewfolk so rather than reproduce it here, I will refer you to It's All About Story in their on-line publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment